FBI DISMANTLES INTERNET NARCOTIC RING

Interview with Milen Vrabevski of the Intelligent Music Project VII




By Mick Michaels





Cosmick View: Hello, Milen! Welcome to The Cosmick View. Thanks for taking some time out of your day to speak with us. It's greatly appreciated.

CV: They say money makes the world go 'round. That's no truer than in the music business. If money was not a concern, with regards to your career as a musical artist, what would that look like...what would you do differently?
Milen Vrabevski: I am a doctor in medicine, not a musical artist. All I do is share my musical ideas with the world. Just putting on paper and then in the recording studio, the ideas sent from above... :-) This process from an idea to an accomplished piece with great rock stars in it is my utmost pleasure. So, what makes the difference is there's no calculation, as I do not do this for living. The pure taste of sincerity is what's left to sense.

CV: Many artists expel a lot of energy trying to reinvent the wheel. Modern music gurus feel everything in music has already been done. Others, however, disagree. Does working towards reinventing the wheel in music a path even worth traveling in your opinion?
MV: What's running through my mind and soul, and later becomes a song, is what I am missing on the market, actually. I grew up with the feeling of freedom and love, thanks to the great names of R'n’R. I would love to see my kids grow up…luckily, it's happening, with my ideas for life, shared in the universal language of music. I feel the need of building my own alternative to the dominating banal music styles. It is like an urge to fly: the ideas keep bumping in my head, waiting impatiently to be released.... And so I do. As simple as that. Not trying to re-invent anything, I just arrange my songs the way I feel they should sound like.

CV: Many critics also feel music is not evolving; it’s maintaining a level that seems to appease the lowest common denominator.  Being an artist, do you agree with such a sentiment? Is music stagnating?
MV: No, it is not. The mentality of humanity is. Music is materialized beam of energy through the prism of a certain mindset. Yes, the tools are restricted - 8 notes. The real issue is commercialization. The constant attempt to be great, adored, applauded. You serve your ego that way, and immediately put restrictions on your mind. That is why the critics feel it is not you. You're just trying to be someone else. My thesis: All masterpieces have already been written, but there's still enough room for very good songs. Just be sincere while making them.

CV: If you were given the opportunity to change places with any another artist, who would that be and why?
MV: Sir Paul McCartney in his early years, because of his true and genuine sincerity in making music.

CV: If you could make one change to the current music industry, what would that be and why? How do you see that change greatly impacting artists as a whole?
MV: I would never let just 5 immense music production houses to dominate on the market. The result would be a real competition, and very often - equal chances for a successful onset and development of any music career.

CV: Do genre and sub genre classifications pigeon-hole artists to some degree in your opinion; thus, leaving them with limited potential audience awareness? Should an artist be concerned or is that something more for the label executives to worry about?
MV: I am pigeon-holing my own group myself. We play melodic prog rock…sometimes a bit simplified. We're not waiting for anybody to classify or categorize me, and limit my audience in this manner. Just trying to make some noise about the quality of my All-Star band, our messages…verbal and musical, special appearances…like I did with ESC this year, etc. There's always a fan club formation once people get to know you. And the most catchy part is the sincerity of the message....

CV: Do you feel that in this day and age, an artist can freely cross musical genre/style lines without the fear of being labeled a "sell out" or "bandwagon jumper" in your opinion?
MV: No worries, as long as you're genuinely expressing yourself. Personally, I compose music I'd love to listen to. I never release a song I do not appreciate. Very often, though, the approach in composition and making a final arrangement is different. For our 7th album (our brand new release 'Unconditioned' IMP-VII) I felt like composing songs particularly for our lead vocalist - Ronnie Romero. The first time I felt like this, was while composing "I Know' from our previous, 6th album, 'The Creation'. I just felt the need to fully enjoy the richness of his vocals. However, there was a time I tried to adapt various vocal blends to what I had already composed and arranged, like in my 5th album, 'Life Motion'. There's such a variety of vocalists there, and the tracks go differently. And so, we vary in style a little bit. Yet, our fans state we've become recognizable in spite of the differences between our releases. So, go trying various ways. All that matters is the message: it must be very convincing.



CV: More on a personal note, how much has music changed your life? What does being an artist mean to you? What have been the highlights?
MV: I am just addicted to the incomparable pleasure of making music. Simply love it. It's my passion. I enter the studio with the initial version of a song of mine, record it, playing an acoustic guitar or piano, then we start upgrading it with my very talented team: my incomparable music producer - Ivo Stefanov, the greatest guitarist - Bisser Ivanov, and then we give it to one of our professional singers - Bobby Kosatka to sing it properly…I am a lousy singer:-). When the demo of the album is ready, we send it to Simon to tell his opinion, and record the drums & percussion. Then the rest of the stars record their parts, until we get the desired final result. The difference in this last album is the new approach in composing: Bisser, Ronnie & Ivo composed and recorded two songs, while I created two instrumentals (intro & finale of the album) with Bisser and Ivo. I consider this a logical development of what's happening in the group. They've demonstrated very successfully their ability to create together, as a group already. So now, this is not just an All-Star band that plays my music, but a creative team.

CV: What can fans expect to see coming from you in the near future?
MV: More mutual compositions. I will try to experiment composing songs with the above mentioned nucleus of the band: Ivo and Bisser.

CV: Thanks again Milen for taking the time to share with our readers. We wish you all the best and continued success.
MV: All the best!

Check out Intelligent Music Project VII at:
Official: www.intelligent-music.com
Facebook:
www.facebook.com/IntelligentMusicProject

Pre-order “Unconditioned” here:
https://bit.ly/3P09VTw


 

 Like The Cosmick View on Facebook at:

 
The Cosmick Voice
Music, Talk & Nothing But Business
www.thecosmickvoice.com 
www.anchor.fm/the-cosmick-voice



My name is Mick Michaels...I'm an artist, music fan, songwriter, producer, show host, dreamer and guitarist for the traditional Heavy Metal band Corners of Sanctuary. Writing has always been a creative outlet for me; what I couldn't say in speech, I was able to do with the written word.  Writing has given me a voice and a way for me to create on a multitude of platforms including music and song, articles, independent screenplays, books and now, artist interviews. The Cosmick View is an opportunity to raise the bar and showcase artists in a positive and inspirational light. For me, it's another out-of-this-world adventure.




Pamela Aloia: Author, Energy Healer, Teacher
Spiritual Counseling and Sessions Available
www.pamelaaloia.com





The Cosmick Voice
Music, Talk & Nothing But Business
www.facebook.com/TheCosmickVoice




March Baby Media
Publishing, PR and Promotions
                                                         


Want to see your logo here? Contact The Cosmick View for details and rates. 
 

Comments