Children's literature

Placemats and Potholder completed!

logcabin potholder

Thanks a million for your warm congrats on the calendar
and the magazine! You guys always make me smile ;)

Today I want to show you some things I finally
finished recently. I have to admit that this pink logcabin
potholder turned out really lovely.

pot2

Pink is definitely my favorite color.
When I was living by myself in Tokyo,
I made it a point to make everything pink at home,
and being in the apartment made me feel
girlie and sort of mellow dramatic.

pot1

I don't particularly collect pink fabrics,
but for some reasons, I happen to have the largest
collection of pink fabric stashes.
I guess I am subconsciously picking out pink
ones when I shop for fabrics.



pot4

This is the placemat I was working on.
I was going to use simple natural linen
in the middle, but this vintage feedsack
looked so perfect there that I decided to
follow my instinct.


placemat

Funny how it gives both 'modern' and 'retro' feels
at the same time. I think it looks rhythmic and fun.
Machine-quilting is not my favorite thing to do, but
I think this turned out really good.


placemat

But this one didn't turn out as good. For the first one
I used quilting spray to baste but this second one was
hand-basted before quilting. I dedicated much more time
on this one but the result says that I should've sticked
with the quilting spray method. I love it anyway though.

pot6

For the backing I used Japanese cotton/linen print.
.....Cute! *smile*



placemats

These placemats as well as the pink potholder have
been listed in my shop.
As always, let me know if you come from here when
snatching items from my shop. I'd love to include a little gift!



Thanks for coming and reading!!


Comments